Here are my goals for the nine months I will be living in France…. wish me luck!
- Learn how to speak French fluently.
- Figure out how to use Espelette pepper in a recipe.
- Make classic French winter dishes, including Cassoulet,
Blanquet de Veau(11/7, delicious!!) Coq au Vin (May)and Boeuf Bourguignon(at some point in Nov., pretty good!)
- Go to Brittany and eat galettes and salted butter caramel crepes.
- Go to Morocco and buy pottery and rugs.
Couchsurf again.Completed Dec. 2012 in Cologne- AMAZING
- Do yoga regularly.
Try a French/English conversation exchange.(Many times!)
- Go to Budapest and bath in the hot baths.
- Learn how to drive stick.
- Look fashionable at least one time and post a picture.
Make gougeres for a Parisian dinner party.
- Visit a World War I battlefield.
- Brave the Catacombes.
- See every new exhibit at Pompidou.
- Go skiing in the French Alps.
- Eat raclette after skiing the French Alps.
- Eat delicious Moroccan food in Paris.
Dance at a discotheque.
- Learn how to artfully knot a scarf around my neck.
Open a French bank account.(Nov. 2012) Go to Spanish Basque Country to eat pintxos and refresh my Spanish.
- Pick poppies.
- Buy a French perfume and have a signature scent.
- Go see only French movies (besides The Hobbit, naturally).
- Try a clafoutis that I didn’t make (maybe they’re actually good?)
Make a chocolate mousse at home and share it with the whole family.
- Buy vintage French wine glasses.
- Frequent at least 3 Parisian antique markets.
Go to Germany for Christmas and see the Christmas markets.(completed Dec. 2012)
- Become friends with the guys at the butcher shop.
- Buy lilies of the valley on French labor day and give them to loved ones.
Have a French cell phone number.(Note- I have the lamest phone ever, but at least it only needs to be charged once a week!)
- Listen to lots of Jacque Brel and Gainsbourg.
- Visit the Sainte Chapelle cathedral.
And here are the goals I have for you know… my life.
- Get my scuba-diving certification in Thailand.
- Celebrate Carnival in Brazil.
- Climb Mount Doom in NZ.
- Write and publish a book.
- Fall in love with a really good guy.
- Compete in a Warrior Dash or Tough Mudder.
- Speak three languages fluently.
- Visit my ancestor’s castle in France.
- Live in Australia.
- Visit Angkor Watt.
- Visit a coffee plantation.
- Eat jerk chicken on the streets in Jamaica.
- Attend the Full Moon Party in Thailand.
- Go to Tomorrowland in Belgium with my brother.
- Write for a living.
- See the Harry Potter thing at Disney World.
- Watch a soccer match at a stadium in Latin America or Spain.
- Eat lots of dumplings in China.
- Learn how to use chopsticks perfectly.
- Run a 5K Color Run.